Monday 14 August 2017

Darlo 10k

One of my favourite races of the year is the Darlington 10k, not only because it's where I come from but it's a great atmosphere on the whole route from start to finish. This is only my second 10k race of the summer so just hoping to improve on the first at Gateshead last month. Plenty of NYMAC runners spotted whilst having a warm up jog away from the crowds so expecting a big club turnout. On the start line with Chris we were joined by Mark Behrens who seemed to have similar hopes as Chris so it was no surprise to see them stay close together during the race. Things went well for me during the race with only a slight drop in my pace on the second lap uphill section. On the final long road back towards the town I could still see Chris and Mark in the distance so I knew I was doing ok. I finished really well into the town and was pleased to meet up with a group of club members. Most were very pleased with their times and plenty of PB's. It was good to see the newer members of NYMAC realising how much being with the club improves your times. My time was a minute quicker than Gateshead so heading forwards again now, back to longer distances as only four weeks to the great north run.

No comments:

Post a Comment