Thursday 22 June 2017

Thursday back to NYMAC

With my annual road trip to the Isle of Wight festival coming up I decided it would be a good time to have 10 days rest from running which my legs were in need of. As any of you know that's been to any festival, you spend a lot of time on your feet and a lot of walking around is needed so it wasn't a full rest period but my I did feel rested on my return. 
Thursday nights at NYMAC are always my favourite so it was nice to restart back there, this weeks session was again to be held at Flatts lane so after a steady uphill warm up run to the meeting point it was good to be running again. The session was two laps of the large outer loop including a tough hill which although good hill training is pretty brutal. On the first lap I managed to run most of the way up until the legs decided against it. On the second lap with tiredness kicking in I struggled to run up it and had to walk up most of it, although I don't mind walking at times when needed, I intend to run up this hill in the near future when a lot fitter.
Flatts lane is a nice session to do and is a nice change of scenery from the cycle path we generally have to use in the winter.
One thing I did notice at the session was the number of new faces, good to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment